My main current project is a collaboration with my friends Javier (Jay) Leung, Anni Thomsson, Väinö Valli and Elias Koivulehto called Eleganza.
Eleganza , founded in 2018, is a music group that plays jazz, soul, r&b and funk both as a background band and as a dance band. If you like music ranging from sophisticated jazz ballads through swingable Lindy Hop music all the way to full-blown party funk, we are the band to ask for!
We are five players altogether in the band and can play as a whole band or in different smaller setting such as duos, trios and quartets. We can also feature other musicians from our wide variety of people we know. Just ask us – we are sure we can help you out with any band need you might have!
- Sibil Yanev (band leader) piano, melodica
- Anni Thomsson– saxophones, vocals
- Javier “Jay” Leung – guitar, trumpet, vocals
- Väinö Valli – drums, cello
- Elias Koivulehto – acoustic bass, electric bass, vocals
We are very open to all kinds of genres and styles and that is why this such a dear project to me!
Other bands I play / have played in:
- Friction Swing – An amateur level but accomplished jazz dance band I have been leading. We play swing music mainly for swing dancers.
- Friction – Mostly the same people as in Friction Swing led by our sax player Chris. We play latin, soul, jazz and funk music.
- Polirytmi – This is the Aalto University jazz association. We play all kinds of music from traditional Finnish songs to funk, soul and party music without forgetting the jazz of course.
- Leevi Koskinen Collective – This is a band formed by drummer Leevi Koskinen that I have done a few gigs with.